Earthquakes, Mass Hysteria & Chaos~

Go down

Earthquakes, Mass Hysteria & Chaos~

Post  Ivan Braginsky on Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:03 pm

So Roddy proposed an idea in cbox awhile ago and I thought it'd make a good plot o wo~

"So I've kind of been thinking about the Big Rock city/settlement/thing, and I was wondering what kind of shenanigans one can get up to there, and then it hit me: a random earthquake!"

I really liked the idea of an earthquake because after all this is Fallout right? Basically a post-apocalypse thing so I figured people would be in hysterics just thinking about earthquakes and tragedies. I mean c'mon, they should be paranoid by now that it could happen all over again right? And the idea of the earthquake not being 'just' an earthquake also struck me. What if it was caused by something/someone that the nations didn't know of yet? That'd be a pretty big thing to think about.

Also Roddy cleared things up and said that "there are no active fault lines around where Big Rock is supposed to be, so it's obviously going to be unnatural." So basically earthquakes shouldn't even exist around Big Rock. We haven't really thought of what's causing this earthquake yet but we wanted to see your inputs first before we actually plot the whole thing in a large scale.

We'll need to smooth things out too. Like, "Does the earthquake happen all over Big Rock or just one specific place?", "Who are the nations that should be more worried?" ( like should Germany be in hysterics at the thought of an earthquake or would he be the one to try and think positive? ). And since this is like an 'all over the place' thing, everyone should have a chance to participate. Not just a single group of characters.

So, anything else you want to add/ask~? o wo;;
Ivan Braginsky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Earthquakes, Mass Hysteria & Chaos~

Post  Ivan Braginsky on Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:13 pm

I feel like a spokesperson right now.... but anyway I bring more plot ideas!

Roddy, Norge and I have decided that Mutant Moles the size of Connecticut (jkjk) are the ones causing the earthquake because they're burrowing through the earth like the arschlocks that they are. And because they're huge and their burrowing is actually causing all the shaking and headaches going on, it won't be an easy battle if you want to kill 'em ; D Radiation poisoning does all these wonders. Isn't it lovely?

If we go with this, once the nations find out about these moles causing everyone mass hysteria, everyone's bound to form their own killing squads or possibly even a 'lone wolf' thing ( I totally see Russia doing that ) and going on a mutant mole killing spree for... idk until we get tired of RPing our characters slashing at non-existent mutant moles. -shot-

Unless you guys have better ideas? : D WE'RE OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS, YES?
Ivan Braginsky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Feliciano Vargas on Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:36 am

Fuck Italy would be a pussy and hide behind Germany. Big Rock is in Austria so maybe he could request for help over like a ham radio, and have someone find it? O:
WHO KNOWS...
Feliciano Vargas
Admin

View user profile http://radioactivememories.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivan Braginsky on Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:11 pm

I figured as much xD;; But that's why we love Italy <3

Hm.... yes that could be it! What about the European Protectors? They're bound to be keeping an eye on Neu Austria as well so maybe they could be the ones Austria contacts first and from what I know Germany and Russia are European Protectors ( even though Russia is an asshole and probably doesn't care much for protecting outside the New Soviet Republic ) so they could be the ones who hear the distress call and they try to keep this earthquake info silent and stuff to avoid mass hysteria but unfortunately some 'tard or probably a curious bastard finds about all this shenanigans and spreads the earthquake thing all over the place.

Enter: Complete Chaos.

Sounds about right or...?
Ivan Braginsky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Roderich Edelstein on Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:35 pm

I like this idea. I've actually already made up an NPC or two in this huge opening post I've been writing, so we could use one of them. Stupid NPCs. >D
Roderich Edelstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ludwig on Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:12 am

Sorry I'm so late to reply! But this sounds very epic. Germany also hangs out around Big Rock semi-regularly; it's one of his main stops when he's not busy patrolling the rest of his lands, basically (since it's right next to his border). I could very easily put him there when the earthquake happens.

As to his reaction to it... well, he might get frantic, possibly a little depressed, but mainly he'd immediately pitch in to help the population. Even if the buildings are all stone, they likely weren't make with earthquakes in mind, and so... there's going to probably be damage, and yeah the mass panic wouldn't help any, orz. He would definitely try to keep things secret, yes. Killing moles sounds lovely~

I'll jump in the thread when I can, so please don't wait for me. I have work and some other things going on, but I'll be able to keep up with it when I do jump in.

Also, Austria! Should him and Germany be aware of each other, or meet again for the first time, etc? Germany can be pretty hard to get a hold of so it's feasible he didn't know Austria was around until this plot.
Ludwig
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Roderich Edelstein on Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:12 am

Yay, I'm glad you're on board with this! For the sake of adding even more drama, I say that this should be their first post-war meeting (same with Austria and Russia). 'Cause, you know, who doesn't like extra drama? Very Happy
Roderich Edelstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivan Braginsky on Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:22 am

Ah man time zone differences are a pain in the arse. -shakes head-

But anyway! Alright Lud, we'll try not to post too fast xD;;
Ivan Braginsky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Israel Bat Sumer on Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:59 pm

Hmm, how about Asian countires. I don't think the Protecters spread as far as America or China do they? And why would someone coverup an earthquake?
Israel Bat Sumer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Roderich Edelstein on Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:23 pm

I think this plotline was going to be focused more around just Big Rock and the immediate area, but if you want, we can always expand it. Very Happy The only thing more fun than chaos is mass chaos.

I don't see why America and Asia couldn't have a police-esque force. It would make perfect sense for those areas to have a law enforcement service. *pokes Norge*

The reason why the nations would want to cover up the real source of the earthquake would just be to keep the townspeople from going into full-out panic mode. Their initial plan would probably be along the lines of "find the source, destroy it, and restore peace before the people figure out what was actually lurking under their city." The people finding out would only make everything that much more complicated and such.

Hope that cleared up your questions! If you have anything else to add, don't hesitate. ^^
Roderich Edelstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Israel Bat Sumer on Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:31 pm

Actually, because of the Earthquake, I have a slight idea: (I mentioned in my app that today Israel is between two fault lines. The earthquake may have a chain reaction and hurt Israel pretty badly. I think she 'll investigate it as well.) So, perhaps someone can meet her hunting these moles?
Israel Bat Sumer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Roderich Edelstein on Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:37 am

I love it when things come together like this. (And yes, that's what she said.) The only thing that's a bit tentative about meeting up is that I've already established that Austria's in Big Rock at the moment. If we can get either Russia or Germany to join up at the new forum, then I think one of them could run into Israel on the way. Er, do you have a certain location for Israel at the moment? Since geographically, Austria and Israel are kind of nowhere near each other.
Roderich Edelstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Israel Bat Sumer on Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:17 am

By the way, where is the new forum?
And Israel can take a ferry too Italy, all though he is in Vegas, Israel can make her way to Big Rock quickly. But I think there needs to be a little time before that. She is on the Medditerranean right now.
Israel Bat Sumer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Roderich Edelstein on Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:29 am

New forum is here: http://radioactivememories.proboards.com/

And that sounds like a plan! Heheh, plotting is great.
Roderich Edelstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down