Radioactive Memories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not to bring up the never ending question, but....

3 posters

Go down

Not to bring up the never ending question, but.... Empty Not to bring up the never ending question, but....

Post  Nils Larssen Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:20 pm

I don't think anyone ever established if the nations are human. I've come to the conclusion that they are mostly like humans, but cannot die so easily. My criteria for a country is that it must have people, and must be an independant entity (though there are several accounts of states and non yet independent entities appearing as canon).

So long story short.....how does this fit into the Fallout world? I am wondering what I can do with Norge....
Nils Larssen
Nils Larssen

Back to top Go down

Not to bring up the never ending question, but.... Empty Re: Not to bring up the never ending question, but....

Post  Ludwig Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:20 pm

They're definitely still nations in this game, and we go with what few guidelines Hetalia gives for what they do (helping out their bosses, not aging once full grown, etc), but...

I've been assuming what keeps a nation alive is mostly the people that either ethnically belong to it, or consider themselves as belonging to that country - it's a little vague, but the ethnic identity would explain how Prussia is still around, and why the Italies aren't one person, for example.

But it's all up for interpretation, and as long as it makes sense I'd say it's fair game. I do agree that the countries would likely be pretty hard to kill... though in a post-apocalyptic world like this, it's feasible that they've all been severely weakened.

I would say, that for this setting? It could be pretty important for the smaller nations to rebuild themselves enough to survive. Otherwise, they're just like any other person living in the wastes... except for the benefits of being a nation, which could include their countrymen potentially recognizing them as well, if you want to go that route.
Ludwig
Ludwig
Admin

Back to top Go down

Not to bring up the never ending question, but.... Empty Re: Not to bring up the never ending question, but....

Post  Nils Larssen Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:34 pm

Ludwig wrote:
I've been assuming what keeps a nation alive is mostly the people that either ethnically belong to it, or consider themselves as belonging to that country - it's a little vague, but the ethnic identity would explain how Prussia is still around, and why the Italies aren't one person, for example.

Ahh I had completely forgotten about Prussia! That actually makes a lot of sense, and helps me a lot. Thank you so much for your help! *goes back to application*
Nils Larssen
Nils Larssen

Back to top Go down

Post  Feliciano Vargas Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:56 pm

yes, The people make the country, even if there are no borders. ^^
Feliciano Vargas
Feliciano Vargas
Admin

http://radioactivememories.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum